About IIT Kharagpur | Downloads | Disclaimer
Applications are invited for admission into Joint M.Tech./MCP-Ph.D. Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022 at IIT Kharagpur. Applications have to be submitted ONLINE only. The website for ONLINE Application is open till 27th April 2021. Hard copy of application is NOT required.
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) were established to cater to the country’s growing need for trained manpower with higher learning in science and technology. The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, first of the chain of IITs, was established in 1950 in the idyllic and sylvan settings at Hijli in West Bengal. From a modest start in the dilapidated Hijli jail building, IIT Kharagpur has grown into one of the largest and most well-known technological institutes of the country. The handsome main building with its majestic tower was inaugurated in 1956. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in the first convocation in the same year said “here in the place of that Hijli detention camp stands this fine monument of India, representing India’s urges, India’s future in the making. This picture seems to me symbolic of changes that are coming to India”.
Today, IIT Kharagpur has come a long way to its present position of pre-eminence with 23 academic departments, 8 multidisciplinary centres, a School of Management, a School of Telecommunications, a School of Medical Science and Technology and a School of Intellectual Property Law, a School of Water Resources, a School of Infrastructure Design and Management, a School of Engineering Entrepreneurship, a School of Energy Science, a School of Environmental Science and Technology, a School of Nano-Science and Technology and several sophisticated central facilities. It is the largest and the most diversified among all the IITs and continuously strives to produce scientists and technologists of the highest calibre and integrity to help the nation become self-reliant in its technological needs and to provide leadership in the field of technical education and research. Some of the distinctive features of the programmes at IIT Kharagpur are science based engineering education, emphasis on complete education, continuous internal evaluation and flexibility for experimentation, upgradation and innovation in curriculum design. IIT Kharagpur has a number of distinctions to its credit among all the IITs, such as the first Master’s programme on Management, first Master’s Programme on Medical Science and Technology for practicing Medical Doctors. In a study, sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, IIT Kharagpur is found to have the highest relative employment productivity index among the IITs and is the top supplier of fresh engineers/technologists to the public and private sector industries. It also ranked first among the IITs in the production of science and engineering Ph.Ds.
Notice: This website has been launched to provide the candidates and public-at-large, information about the Joint M.Tech./MCP-Ph.D. program through GATE (JMP 2021) offered by Indian Institute Technology Kharagpur for the academic year 2021-22. Any applicant who does not agree to the terms and conditions stated below, need not access this site or any pages thereof. This facilitates admission for Joint Masters - Ph.D. programme. For direct admission to Ph.D. programme, the candidates may refer to http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/phd
No Warranty: The information and materials contained in the site, including text, graphics, links or other items - are provided on an "As Is" and "As Available" basis. Although GATE-JAM Office, IIT Kharagpur, which coordinates JMP 2021, makes all possible efforts to provide information as accurately as possible, it expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in this information and materials. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given in conjunction with the information and materials.
Limitation of Liability: In no event, GATE-JAM Office, IIT Kharagpur will be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses, or expenses arising in connection with this site or use thereof or inability to use by any persons, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay of operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if GATE-JAM Office, IIT Kharagpur, or representative thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
- Online Application for JMP 2021 at IIT Kharagpur is closed, the registered candidates are requested to rectify the issues in the application portal at the earliest.
- Due to the unprecedented Pandemic situation the last date for JMP 2021 Online Application is extended till 3rd May 2021.
- Last date of Online Application for JMP 2021 at IIT Kharagpur is extended till 27th April 2021.
- Candidates those who have successfully registered but did not receive the email with login ID and password are requested to click on 'Forgot Password' in the Login Page.
- Candidates are informed that the last date of Online Application for JMP 2021 at IIT Kharagpur is extended till 24th April 2021.
- Candidates qualified for multiple papers in GATE 2021 and/or qualified for GATE 2020 and 2019 could also register and apply at IIT Kharagpur. They need to register with different registration numbers and apply for the desired specilizations. Each of such registrations will be treated as an new application.
- Candidates with XE, XL and XH as GATE Papers, could now register and submit their specialization choices at IIT Kharagpur.
- In order to view offers from Participating Institutes and make decision, GATE qualified candidates are required to register at COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal). The COAP URL is https://coap.iitd.ac.in