Application for Joint M.Tech./MCP-Ph.D. (JMP) programme is to be submitted by an ONLINE process only by accessing the "Online Application" link. The link is available from 24rd March 2021 to 20th April 2021. Fee payment has to be made online only and all the necessary qualifying certificates and documents have to be scanned and uploaded to the application portal. Hardcopy of the application and documents are not required to be sent to IIT Kharagpur. However, applicants could keep a printout for their records.
Instructions to Fill in Online Application Form
- STEP I (Register) - Register with valid GATE registration number, year of appearing GATE Exam, COAP registration number (if available), Qualifying Degree, Background Discipline, PwD Information and Present Category (category in which applying for). For Qualifying Degree and Background Discipline, please consult this link for available codes of the same. Login ID and Password will be sent to the Email address registered with GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) portal used while registering for GATE exam. Please take a note of the login ID and password as it will be used throughout the M.Tech./MCP Admission process.
Please note that the data entered during the registration cannot be changed later.
- Step II (Application Form) - After successful registration, the candidate would be able to login with the given login id and password (sent to the registered email address) to fill in application form.
Please note the Tabs are at the top of the page as Personal Details, Academic Details, Photo and Signature Upload, Payment, Print Application, Application Status and Logout.
Please note that the application process involves steps that are arranged in proper sequence such that an applicant will not be able to go to Academic Performance Details page without filling in and subsequently, saving requisite details in Profile page. So, the applicants should fill up the profile page first and then fill choice of specializations (a maximum of 6). Check the eligibility criteria for the specializations of your choice, last year’s cut-offs for these specializations etc., before selecting the specialization(s). Selection of specialization(s) is followed by Personal Details page. Note that some of the fields in this page have been automatically populated from GATE records and are not editable. Applicant should fill the remaining data and click SAVE to go to Academic Details Page.
- Step III (Upload Documents) - Candidates are advised to go through the Instructions given above for uploading softcopies of the documents (scanned), photograph and signature. The candidate has to upload the following documents in the portal.
- Date of Birth Certificate (Original Birth Certificate, Admit Card or Certificate of Class 10/10+2)
- Candidate’s passport size photo (scanned).
- Candidate’s signature (scanned) .
- Qualifying degree certificate and mark sheet/grade sheet (for candidates who passed out the qualifying degree). For candidates who are in final semester/year may have to submit their recent completed or available semester/year mark sheet.
- Category certificate (for EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD candidates).
- Certificate showing proof of having mathematics at 10+2 level or degree level (wherever applicable)
- Step IV (Payment) - Before making payment, ensure that the data provided by you are correct in all respects
Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GE/OBC/EWS Male/Transgender Candidates
- Rs. 250/- for all Female and PwD/SC/ST Candidates.
Note: The Application fee is non-refundable.
- Step V (Printout) - After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for your records.
Please note that you NEED NOT SEND the hardcopy of the application by post. Your application will be considered on the basis of your final submission through online. You can check submission, shortlisting, selection and other application related status from Application Status menu available at your login. Please note down your login id and password for future access.
If you have any queries, you can send an email to: email@example.com
The Files for Reference section may be used while filling in the online application form and opting for appropriate courses.
- Applicants are advised to give their choices carefully for different courses after going through the information carefully. Choices of courses are to be given in order of preferences.
- If the course to which an applicant is offered admission does not eventually run for any reason, the applicant will be offered admission to some other suitable course depending upon his/her GATE score and options entered in the application. Alternatively, the applicant is free to withdraw from the programme in which case the fees and deposits paid by him/her will be refunded.
- As a guide to Regular applicants, the cut-off marks for GATE Score to the various courses offered last year are given, the cut-off marks, however, differ from year to year and, therefore, it is only for information and will have no direct relevance for the session 2021-2022
Files for ReferenceTop
The programme is open to candidates of all categories with Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/M.Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE etc.) and having valid GATE score.
Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper.
NET Qualified candidates with fellowship having M.A or M.Sc Degree in Economics, Sociology, or Geography and having studied mathematics/statistics at the higher secondary level or at the graduate level are eligible to be considered for selection to MCP-Ph.D. Programme.
- For institutes awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree:
- GE/OBC/EWS: Min. of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD: Min. of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale)
- For institutes awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:
- GE/OBC/EWS: Min. of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD: Min. of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale).
All selected candidates, graduating in 2021 have to produce the original certificates and mark sheets of the final qualifying degree during admission. Seats are reserved for EWS/OBC/SC/ST candidates and persons with disability (PwD) as per Government of India rules.
B.Tech students graduating from any of the IITs in 2021 or graduated in 2020 having CGPA 8.0 or above may be admitted to the Post-Graduate programme without GATE score. However, they have to follow the formal process as indicated in the institute website.
Please note that candidates seeking admission to the above programmes under sponsored category, have to apply separately. These candidates are advised to visit the institute website for details on the admission procedure.
The admission will be based on GATE Score only Please see the selection criteria for individual specializations before filling up the online application form.
Click Here for Selection Procedure for different specializations.
Students in the two-year M.Tech./MCP programme receive an assistantship of Rs. 12,400.00 per month and Rs. 31,000.00 per month after enrolment to Ph.D. programme (if selected) after completion of M.Tech./MCP programme.
Students completing Registration Seminar in the Ph.D. programme will receive an additional amount of Rs. 4,000/- per month for one year.
An applicant admitted to a post-graduate programme with assistantship will not be eligible for admission with assistantship in any other programme at this institute or any other Institution on the basis of the same GATE scorecard.
Every MTech/MCP student is required to pay tuition and other fees as mentioned below:
|Refundable (Caution Money)||6000.00||6000.00|
|Placement Service (Not Applicable
for Sponsored Candidates)
|Student Brotherhood Fund (Yearly)||200.00||200.00|
- Hostel Overhead - Rs. 800.00
- Hostel Extablishment Charges - Rs. 16,640.00
- Mess Advance - Rs. 12,000.00
Insurance: A compulsory insurance scheme provides insurance coverage (subject to change every year) for an annual premium of Rs. 2500.00 to all the students of the Institute